Thursday, May 19, 2011

A special Man.

Inside this beautiful landscaped home lives this special man…

DSCN0146

It is my 95 year old Great Grandpa… Afton Marriott Thacker

DSCN0145

Yesterday we took a drive up to Heber to visit him. I desperately wanted to get a picture with him and Ryker together!

DSCN0129

  Can you believe this is 5 Generations?

DSCN0138

This is my Aunt Carol. She’s so dang cute i had to get a picture with her!

DSCN0141

Mom and Grandpa

DSCN0143

Mom Grandpa & Kim

DSCN0144

DSCN0142I have really good memories of my Great Grandpa Afton. Mostly going to his house and celbrating his birthady with thousands of family members. Tons of cousins i’d only met when i came to his house.

His love for  singing and dancing. He has always had a  huge heart for music and now i know why my grandpa thacker was such a lover of music. Every time I came to see grandpa he would say “Hey there beautiful want to dance?” He has a great sense of humor and can make anyone laugh. He always says the funniest things. He loves loves being surrounded by “pretty girls”.

Grandpa had the best rhubarb plant and we’d always come and steal us some rhubarb. Man i love that stuff! 

He has the best stories about when he was in the Navy.( I wish i would have wrote them down!)

He has a huge heart and a great spirit. Unfortunately he is going slowly down hill and has Alzheimer's. 

Love this guy and i’m so glad i got the chance to go see him. I dont know  if  i’ll get another one.

This is the cute old man that lives in this house… I was sad to go especially with this ending picture… Love you graps so glad we got to come see you even though you wont remember , i will.  DSCN0147Love you grandpa!    

No comments: