Friday, April 19, 2013

April the Tenth twenty thirteen.

A long day waiting… Right? One i've waited for almost 9 months for. 

I got a phone call the day before. I kept my phone close the whole (just in case). Late afternoon it came.. In the middle of doing a client. 

Asking if I would still like to be induced tomorrow. "Of course" It almost made me second guess my decision though. Ha. Funny?  

She said if so plan to come in @ 7 AM! Woo Hoo! 

Last pics of Family of 3.5

IMG 0761

No. I did not sleep the night before. Its like Christmas. Plus you think through everything… Do I have everything. Any last minute things I really need to do? ha. Stupid. 

On top of the swollen'ness in the morning. Extra water weight. Chinky tired eyes. READY TO BE DONE!!!

IMG 0762

So.. Here we are dropping Ryk @ my moms. Poor kid has Nooooo Idea. He was wide awake too. (stupid flash)

IMG 0763

...Headed to the hospital. Room 1. Changed into my gown. Felt like I had just done all this not too long ago… 

IMG 0766

Oh Wait.. I did like 2 years ago… (not that long ago)

IMG 0768

My least favorite part was about to his. Good ol' IV. They checked me I was already to a 4. Started the pitocin @ 7:45. 

Dilation: 5cm @ 9…. 6.5 cm @ 9:45. Contractions STRONG. I decided then maybe I should get an epidural. Asked for it @ 9:45. Dude didn't come in till 10:15. 

I wanted to be big and see how far I could go. But that 30 minutes… Was a dang long 30 minutes. Props to all the mothers who can do it with out an epidural. I CANT! 

Epidural 10:15. ahhh… Better. Nurse came in around 10:30 I'm @ a 9++cm… Paged the Dr. Who took a while to come in… She was posterior. So he flipped her with 2 fingers

(Ry said that it was so crazy how he did it. ha.) We waited for the contractions 4 times… And she was here. 4 PUSHES! I was in such shock how fast she made it here. 

11:03 My baby girl was here! Afton Joann Cottle. 

IMG 0769IMG 0775

Weighing a whopping 7.12 lbs! Big girl for being a good week and half early! 18 inches long.

IMG 0780IMG 0778

Yes. I hogged her and loved on here for quite a while. 

IMG 0783IMG 0784

IMG 0790IMG 0793

IMG 0792IMG 0800

Proud papa! 

IMG 0799IMG 0796

Bath time.

IMG 0813IMG 0814

IMG 0816IMG 0818

IMG 0821IMG 0823

IMG 0829IMG 0830

IMG 0831IMG 0839

The first thing out of Ryans mouth was… "This girl needs a bow". Ha ha. I told him I had a bracelet in my bag if he wanted to put it on. Of course he did!

IMG 0832IMG 0834

I love it. She has tugged on those heart strings. Definitely going to be one of those girls who has daddy wrapped around her finger. 

IMG 0835IMG 0837

Then the little man found us. And loved on baby sister! I think they have already known about them. And secretly doesn't say anything to us about it. He was so excited about it. I love these pictures. Priceless!!

IMG 0840IMG 0842

IMG 0843IMG 0846

Our family of FOUR!!!

IMG 0850IMG 0856

IMG 0859

IMG 0873

We had a few visitors that day. Got a few pics. 

IMG 0849

IMG 0879IMG 0878

IMG 0872IMG 0871

IMG 0866IMG 0867

 

IMG 0887IMG 0883

Lucky me. Everything went in my favor and they let me go home the next night. (I hate being checked every other hour… I wanted out ;))

IMG 0890IMG 0891

I came home to a spic n' span house! Thank you to my wonderful Sister-in-laws. 

I have felt so blessed. My mom has come over and helped with Ryk, Or helped me bath Afton. Grocery shopped, made me meals along with banana bread and let me catch up on sleep.

She has been a saint! I have been overly blessed with meals from friends and ward members. So grateful! Thank you everyone! 

3 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

Oh congratulations!! You look absolutely amazing and she is gorgeous as well!

GG Thacker said...

Seeing all your pictures makes me cry. How wonderful to be able to do that with your hair combed and make up!!!!!! She is beautiful and Ryker is one special brother. I have to say Ryan is pretty special too.

kristen davis said...

How precious! Congrats.
Cute little family you've got there!