CLOSED!
Yay! Its my turn to Giveaway... My Madre and I were pondering on what to do for this giveaway. We came up with a tree skirt. (I may or may not have gotten a little over my head, because I waited till the last minute to decide.) It turned out great and I am making another for myself.
I am so grateful for Kristin's strong example. To bring such good when something so heart wrenching has happened. What a great attitude. I envy that! I love it! Thank you so much for letting us be apart of this!
To enter: You must comment below with a kind act you did today/this week. And for an extra entree come HERE to give a birthday wish or show love to Baby Ruby June.
(it has a slit you tie with ribbons to make the hole bigger) Sorry for the can but... I was NOT going to put up a tree ;) Ha.
This giveaway with close Sunday the 20th and the winner will be announced Monday the 21st!
51 comments:
Ooh, I love it! I am so not crafty. This week, I signed up to bring something to a funeral of a lady in my ward (who I also visit taught) who was 93 years old! She was a sweet lady, and my friend. It is awesome how you can have so many years between you and still be "friends". My name is Lauren and my email is laurensikora@hotmail.com. I hope I win!
Beautiful Job! This week, I have been staying late at work so my coworker can go home to be with his family. His wife is going through some health issues and they have 3 little ones. briza.juarez@gmail.com
Beautiful!!! Today I did an act of kindness/service today by stopping to talk to a student in the hall who was crying. She told me what was going on and I tried to brainstorm some solutions with her to fix it. By the end of our conversation, she had a smile on her face and her outlook on her day had changed. This also put a smile on my face as well.
Crossing my fingers:) elised.ford@gmail.com
I love this! This week at work I helped out some coworkers so they could have a lunch break too. I also left some birthday love for Ruby.
Lindsaydrobbins@gmail.com
Walked an old lady out to her car. By the way this is angela not cathy my phone is broke so i am using her account.
That is SO cute! Every Tues. And Thurs. I drive a little girl home from preschool so her mom doesn't have to wake her little sister up from a nap and starting today I am taking home a little boy in our ward so his mom doesn't have to come out. jessicacart.1@gmail.com
I left a wish too. not sure if I went to the right spot. my email is davies210@hotmail.com
I love this.. I let a woman with a crying child go ahead of me in line to check out at the store. My email is rdbevell@hotmail.com I also sent a birthday wish to sweet Ruby.
first off, oh my goodness that is just so stinkin cute. Secondly I knew Kristin from when she lived in San Diego and I always thought she had the sweetest disposition. I wish I could have known her better. The life of her beautiful angel has often made me reflect on perfect little spirits and their amazing families.
Today I took a friend of mine's daughter EARLY so she could go to work cause her husband was out of town. Simple I know, but she appreciated it.
Oh my goodness. I want this. You did a great job. I was going to make one this year, but how great would it be to have one made in honor of Ruby. It is beautiful. Thanks for participating.
I also left Ruby a birthday wish. My email is momoftheswenson3@gmail.com
Hi - we were friends with the DeGraw's growing up. I have been very touched and inspired by Kristin, her family, and sweet Ruby. Today I am taking my co-worker lunch who is home recovering from surgery. My email is Jessica.martin.9807@gmail.com.
I also left a birthday wish. Thanks
That is a way cute skirt! I want the instructions! If I don't win, I would love to make this!
This week I cleaned my parents house. I wanted to surprise my parents with a clean house so they didn't have to worry about cleaning it and they could just spend time with my sister before she left on her mission.
I also said Happy Birthday to Ruby.
This is so pretty and I need a new tree skirt! I found Kristins blog through her sister Andrea's blog and have always kept with them too. These giveaways are so thoughtful for Ruby. My act of kindness is that I always seem to help the elderly at Walmart, weather it be helping them find something or reaching to get somthing for them on a high shelf. I don't mind doing it and they so appreciate it, I would want someone to do it for my grandmother...
oh my email is dancing_sweet_tart@hotmail.com
Oh my goodness I would love love love this! I am so not a crafty person. good job! My act of Kindness today is taking homemade pumpkin chili to a girl in my ward, who is one of those that is always serving everyone but herself. So I decided she needs a turn. :)
Stephinawebb@gmail.com
I also left Ruby some Birthday Love!
I let a random car have the close parkiing spot at walmart today even though it was raining!
amandaf101@gmail.com
This is gorgeous! I love what you are doing to keep Ruby's memory alive. I am also an Angel Mommy.
This week I've been helping my best friend pack her house to move 3 hours away and watching her little's so she can get things done without them underfoot. I also took a meal into an elderly woman who I know from church.
my email is culaparker at yahoo .com
This is darling!!! Love it!! Happy Birthday sweet Ruby!
I sent flowers to a dear friend and co-worker who had surgery. I have also called and checked on her the last couple of days.
Oh my cuteness! I love every second of that tree skirt! My act of kindness was watching my friends baby so she could clean her house. Thanks for making this!
PS- I gave a birthday shout out too ;)
Wow Whit, how cute. For my act of service, I gave a homeless man some money yesterday.
I am entering for my friend, Chandi, whose phone won't let her enter. She baked pumpkin muffins for her husband's co-workers.
She is constantly sending me love and messages. She is an angel mom too.
I am entering for my friend, Karyn, whose phone also won't let her enter. She watched her friend's kids the other day so their mom could go to an appointment.
I paid for the persons lunch behind me at Kneaders drive thru today. This tree skirt turned out great! Very cute.
I am entering one more time for my friend Jodi. She loves this skirt. She has been handing out water bottles to the trash collectors.
She just wrote be a sincere email sending birthday wishes and kind words to our family.
I love this! A lady in our ward passed away so we helped set up chairs for her funeral and made a salad for the dinner.
This is SO cute! You ladies did an amazing job. For my act of service we picked up trash at the park while we were there playing. I also sent Ruby June a birthday message.
I washed & hung up all my husbands clothes. He doesn't like me to do his laundry because I usually forget about his clothes & they get all wrinkly. I realized his basket was full and he was probably about to run out of clothes so I did it (while watching my sister's kids) The tree skirt is beautiful, what a great reminder of Ruby during christmas!
This is such a beautiful reminder of our sweet Ruby, thanks so much, what a beautiful tree skirt!
I left our Sweet Ruby June a brthday wish, what love she has brought into all our lives!
This is adorable! I am in Kristin's ward here in Vegas and we absolutely adore the Warburton's. Luke and my little girl are sweet little friends too! Today I watched my neighbors two little boys so they could attend park day with their preschooler. My email is coach.turner @ gmail. Com. My name is Robyn Turner!!
adorable! i've been trying to get my kids involved in these acts of kindness. so i am going to use my daughter's kind act. she is 3 and today at playgroup, i asked her to share her bike since not everyone had one. she was very good and kept asking other kids if they wanted to ride her bike.
jody
This is beautiful. I have served my son today by reading to him and rocking him to sleep for his nap. He loved it. I would love to know instructions to make this if it's easy to send. Mail4erica@gmail.com
My name is Katie and I am in LOVE with this tree skirt! If I do not win, can you send me instructions?? :o) kmmakos@gmail.com. My act of kindness today was going out of my way to say 'thank you' to the man that collects our garbage (in our apartment complex).
These giveaways have been so fun. Every day I have tried to do something in memory of Ruby and to afford myself this opportunity of a tree skirt. We are good friends to Kristen and we received our own baby Ruby 2 weeks after Ruby June. We would love the tree skirt to remind us every Christmas to perform random acts of kindness and to cherish the lives of our kids.
We just got new neighbors and they have two precious little girls. In the corner of their front door was a wasp nest. They have been using their garage to enter and exit because they can't afford any spray. In the late evening, I went out and sprayed the nest, killing all the wasps, and removing the nest. I also left a can of spray near their door. I don't hate a lot of things, but I hate wasps. And I had the chills getting rid of them. I hope I was able to help in some small way.
39 comments, already?! Well done Whitney!! It's super cute! I was wanting to make a tree skirt this year! Pick me!! Today I volunteered in my sons class for two hours. Wahoo!
This is the cutest! I would love to win this. I helped my neighbor out today by watching her kids for a while. It actually helped me because my kids were occupied. No such thing as a selfless good deed, I guess!
I watched my 7 week old nephew for my sister-in-law because she had to go back to work today. I also spent three hours trimming box tops for the PTA :) I would love this skirt - we lost our baby girl Dec. 30th and I would love to put this out every Christmas to remind us of those angels that left us too soon.
The tree skirt is adorable! Yesterday I saw a little boy wandering around the neighborhood when I went to pick my kids up at the bus stop. I asked him if he was lost and he burst in to tears and said that he didn't know where he was. He didn't know any phone numbers or contact information for his family, so I called his school. Turns out they had been searching for him when he didn't show up at the babysitters house! I was so glad I didn't just rush by him, and was able to help!
callirenee@hotmail.com
What an adorable tree skirt I LOVE it!! I read my kids just about all there books before their nap today!
This is absolutely adorable! Today I took ice cream to a friend in need of a pick me up after some bad news. My email is jkini15@gmail.com
So Cute! I took care of my friends baby boy while she was in the hospital. prnnae15@yahoo.com
This is so so beautiful! I've been wanting to make one for a few years and it would be so nice to win this one and always think about Ruby.
Another act of service I did was really watch my temper with my 3 year old. I didn't get mad once yesterday! It's a miracle really. Ruby reminds me to cherish my children and my job in having purpose.
Love it! I went through my Kids toys and made a box of things to donate. I told my 3 year old we will drop them off to boys and girls who don't have toys like her.
shannonlilly524@hotmail.com
I also left Ruby a birthday message.
shannonlilly524@hotmail.com
I am entering my husband for his service. He went and helped our new neighbors move in. I wasn't home and when I got home he said he had met them. I was kinda confused because he was to be watching our boys and he said they were fine and he saw someone in need and the boys knew he was two houses down if they needed him! What a sweet guy!
Britthardy@gmail.com
I hope I am not too late! I love it! My act of service was picking up both my kiddos from their classes at church and getting them loaded up all before my husband could make it out. Seems small but I know I would appreciate it if he did it for me. ;)
Post a Comment